Tuesday, December 03, 2013


This isn’t my first go at autoflowering seeds. I once grew some Short Stuff autos outdoors during a typically wet UK summer and a Royal Queen “just for fun” beside an indoor grow of Mr Nice G13. The G13 turned out to be the best all-round strain I have grown to date so I pretty much ignored the Royal Queen.
Both grows were less than productive. I can blame the harsh UK summers for the Short Stuff’s 1 oz from 9 plants! The spindly, confused looking Royal Queen was actually a really nice smoke, but her fluffy, airy buds and popcorn sized buds were definitely down compared to the normal 18/6 photoperiod and not my inexperience :) . The fact she was unloved, placed in a corner and fed the same nutrients as the G13 photoperiod plants didn’t help either.
I still wasn’t 100% convinced of the claims on cannabis forums like uk420 and cannabisknowledge.nl that autos had advanced by leaps and bounds and were nearly the same strength and yield as photo periods, but I was sure that tailoring the light cycle and nutrients plus a little TLC would make the 6 to 8 week, 20/4 cycle at least worthy of a quick try.
All the Sweet Seeds +Speed Auto Seeds germinated overnight and the taproot (radicle) was over an inch long in just 24hrs. This is normally a 3 day or longer process and I was quite surprised by the speed. I had previously grown autos with less care with the seed-to-soil method, but (like 99% of cannabis growers) I wanted to see every stage up close this time, so I used the trusted paper towel method instead.
Again, in less than half the normal time, the seedlings shot through the soil and were in their final pots before I had time to consider the many methods of a stress-free potting up. I didn’t have time to train or top/fim them either – they were just too fast! Just before flowering, I did manage to tie the main stems back to give the plant in the centre pot more room, but the few inches I gained in seedling stage made no difference at all!
Every time I popped my head in the tent, they had changed and were screaming for food, greedy little girls that went from little white hairs to large spiralling, stinky buds in no time at all. The absence of a huge main cola made them look like a fim’d plant, but the multitude of side buds made up for the not-so-massive main cola.
Seriously fast, seriously stinky and “normal” sized buds made these autos a pleasure to grow. At one point when the fan leaves start to yellow from lack of magnesium. I added the usual teaspoon of epsom salts, but the plant was just starting to finish. I was too late!
They took the same feed except faster, bushed out and gained height faster, automatically went into flower and grew large dense buds, faster! They’re actually hanging upside down in my tent as I type this review and will likely be ready for a cure before I’m finished!
Ill be back with a smoke report and can only guess at 1oz per plant, that’s not bad being 6 plants under a 400w hps in a small tent! But judging by the amount of resin, smell and density of the buds, I’m guessing a happy smoke report!

Written By 11:11 From www.cannabisknowledge.nl

No comments:

Post a Comment